Cedar Hill is a family that always has room for more! It is full of warm and caring believers supporting and encouraging one another. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and seeking to fully follow the guidelines for living that He has given us in the Bible is what makes the difference in all our lives. Our desire at Cedar Hill is to teach and preach the Word of God and encourage each person who comes to believe it and to follow it, too. We are excited about what God is doing in our midst. We want you to know you are always welcome here.
Cedar Hill is affiliated with the General Assembly of Regular Baptists Churches also known as G.A.R.B.C. www.garbc.org
To Make Disciples for Jesus Christ from All Nations.
Changed Lives for the Glory of God
Developing mature, equipped, reproducing disciples who develop and multiply mature, equipped, reproducing churches.
We believe that...
1. People matter to God. Therefore, we will reach out with Christ's love to one another and to a world in need. (John 13:34, 35; Luke 15)
2. Prayer is essential for intimacy with God and effectiveness in ministry. Therefore, we will pursue intimacy with God in prayer and demonstrate our humble reliance upon Him in interceding for all the members, ministries and activities of this church. (Matthew 7:7-11; James 5:13-18)
3. The Bible is authoritative and trustworthy, the primary catalyst for life transformation. Therefore, we are committed to the clear, accurate and relevant teaching of the Scriptures. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 2 Corinthians 3:18)
4. Christ-followers should pursue holiness in their daily lives, continually taking steps toward greater intimacy with and conformity to the Person of Jesus Christ. Therefore, we will encourage one another in the pursuit of godliness and spiritual maturity. (2 Corinthians 7:1; Ephesians 4:20-24; Colossians 1:28, 29; Hebrews 10:23-25)
5. Spiritual maturity develops best in community. Therefore, we will seek to facilitate the multiplication and development of healthy small and midsize groups with trained leadership for the purpose of discipleship, accountability and spiritual growth. (Matthew 5:1ff.; Acts 20:20; 2 Timothy 2:2)
6. The church should be led by exemplary Christ-followers with leadership gifts who have embraced the mission, vision and core values of the church. Therefore, we will seek God’s leading in the selection of godly, servant leaders and commit ourselves to uphold them in prayer, encourage them in their work, assist them in the ministry, and submit to their proper leadership. (1 Corinthians 16:15, 16; 1 Thessalonians 5:12, 13; Acts 6:2-7; 1 Timothy 3:1f.; Hebrews 13:7, 17)
7. Every member is a minister and the primary responsibility of the pastoral ministry is to prepare God’s people for service. Therefore, the ministry will be placed as much as possible in the hands of non-vocational workers on the basis of their spiritual gifts and maturity. (Ephesians 4:11; 1 Corinthians 12 and 14; Romans 12; 1 Peter 4:10, 11)
8. God deserves the best we have to offer. Therefore, in our ministries and activities we will seek to maintain a high standard of excellence to the glory of God. (Colossians 3:17; 1 Corinthians 10:31)
9. The church should be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure. Therefore, in today’s rapidly changing world, forms and methods must be continually evaluated for effectiveness, as we encourage flexibility, creativity, and innovation in the fulfillment of our mission. (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
10. The kingdom is greater than any one local church. Therefore, we will develop strategic partnerships with other churches and ministries of like faith in fulfillment of our God-given mission and vision, affirming, encouraging, and praying for our brothers and sisters throughout the world. (Romans 16; 1 Corinthians 16:1; Philippians 1:3-5; Colossians 4:12, 13)
For an in depth look at our beliefs please view our Articles of Faith